C&M works to achieve the College’s strategic mission and vision, including increasing the reputation and prestige of the College. Our priority is to communicate and market to external audiences, including media, peer institutions, alumni and prospective students. We are responsible for College-level projects, and partner with embedded communicators around the College to achieve department and unit-level goals.
Our suite of work includes:
- Brand Stewardship
- Communications Leadership
- Crisis Communications
- Digital and Print Design
- Digital Marketing
- Internal Communications
- Institutional Messaging
- Marketing Campaigns
- Media Relations
- Media Training
- Multimedia Production
- Social Media
- Targeted Emails
- Web Services
The Michigan Engineering News Center
The College’s News Center highlights the research and experiences of Michigan Engineering. It is used to help communicate our preeminent education and service to our external audiences.
The Michigan Engineer Magazine
Published and distributed to alumni, peers and our campus community twice a year, The Michigan Engineer magazine examines the intersection between engineering, the world and the University of Michigan.
Case Studies (Coming Soon)
We tackle a wide range of goals, ideating and delivering on strategies that help the College and its community achieve its mission. These case studies are a highlight of our work and process.
The C&M team produces results-driven work. Our recent successes include:
Our media team boasts a sustained year-over-year increase in placing stories in mission-critical news and research outlets, including The New York Times, MIT Technology Review, The Chronicle and more. Helping our faculty become known for their work is a top priority for the team.
Digital & Print Design
Our design and development teams create print and digital products that serve a high quantity of users. Our websites receive 3 million average annual visits and our print products reach every single member of the Michigan Engineering community.
Our multimedia team consistently produces photography and videography with a strong impact. Our “Make Them Care” mantra puts our audience and their interests front and center. This results in award-winning work year after year.
Our marketing team creates results-driven campaigns and platforms, including the College’s social media channels and digital marketing campaigns. Last year, our campaigns reached more than 70 million impressions.
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for DEI Culture Shift
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for High-impact Coverage for a Mind-controlled Robotic Arm
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for Blue Sky Podcast: Global problems, innovative solutions
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for College Affordability: Coming to the University of Michigan
- 2020 Michigan Emmy and CASE Circle of Excellence Award for Immersed: Practice your Purpose
- 2019 Michigan Emmy and Pride of CASE V Award for Pursue Bold Ideas
- 2019 Pride of CASE V Award for The Perfect Match
- 2019 Pride of CASE V Award for Ivanov Amazon Research
- 2018 CASE Platinum and Pride of CASE V Award for Joseph Xu Photography Portfolio
- 2018 Pride of CASE V Award for Improving Access to Transportation
- 2018 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for the Michigan Engineer News Center
- 2018 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for Building a Stronger Haiti with Chocolate
Work With Us
C&M offers a wide variety of tools, templates and tips to help the College community achieve its communications and marketing goals. Please check here to see what’s available to all students, faculty and staff.
C&M collaborates with embedded communicators, faculty and staff to achieve College-level communications and marketing goals. We take on a limited amount of department or unit-level work, but are eager to help you achieve your goals.
The College’s expanded communications team includes the central C&M office as well as the embedded communicators in departments and units. Find someone specific to help you.