C&M works to achieve the College’s strategic mission and vision, including increasing the reputation and prestige of the College. Our priority is to communicate and market to external audiences, including media, peer institutions, alumni and prospective students. Internally, we assist with informing members of our community about key information, and engaging around our mission, vision and values. We are responsible for College-level marketing platforms and project, and partner with embedded communicators around the College to achieve department and unit-level goals.
- Content creation, promotion & media relations
- Multimedia production & photography
- Digital product development & maintenance
- Graphic design & branding
- Template and asset curation & distribution
- Internal & issues/crisis communications
- Marketing materials & campaigns
- Social media platform management
- Creative & strategic consultation
- Fostering an engaged community of communicators
You can see C&M’s work represented in these platforms:
Communications and Media Relations
Our media team boasts a sustained year-over-year increase in placing stories in mission-critical news and research outlets, including The New York Times, MIT Technology Review, The Chronicle and more. Helping our faculty become known for their work is a top priority for the team.
Digital/Print Design and Development
Our design and development teams create print and digital products that serve a high quantity of users. Our websites receive 3 million average annual visits and our print products reach every single member of the Michigan Engineering community.
Marketing and Social Media
Our marketing team creates results-driven campaigns and platforms, including the College’s social media channels and digital marketing campaigns. Last year, our campaigns reached more than 70 million impressions.
Videography and Photography
Our multimedia team consistently produces photography and videography with a strong impact. Our “Make Them Care” mantra puts our audience and their interests front and center. This results in award-winning work year after year.
How to get help
Here are the fastest paths to get support from C&M.
Michigan Engineering Brand
Through our people-first framework, Michigan Engineering is reimagining and reshaping what engineering can be—at Michigan and beyond—enabling all engineers to have a positive impact on the world and build a future that will elevate all people.
Recent Award Winners
2023 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for “The Drum Major”
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Grand Gold Award for DEI Culture Shift
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for High-impact Coverage for a Mind-controlled Robotic Arm
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for Blue Sky Podcast: Global problems, innovative solutions
- 2021 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for College Affordability: Coming to the University of Michigan
- 2020 Michigan Emmy and CASE Circle of Excellence Award for Immersed: Practice your Purpose
- 2019 Michigan Emmy and Pride of CASE V Award for Pursue Bold Ideas
- 2019 Pride of CASE V Award for The Perfect Match
- 2019 Pride of CASE V Award for Ivanov Amazon Research
- 2018 CASE Platinum and Pride of CASE V Award for Joseph Xu Photography Portfolio
- 2018 Pride of CASE V Award for Improving Access to Transportation
- 2018 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for the Michigan Engineer News Center
- 2018 CASE Circle of Excellence Award for Building a Stronger Haiti with Chocolate